Digital Editor - Regional Networks
Freelance Digital Editor (Remote) – NBC Sports Regional Networks
PLEASE NOTE: This is a remote position with an estimated duration of up to 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
Role Purpose: This position is part of the core editorial team for NBC Sports Regional Networks. The role includes day-to-day editorial maintenance and publishing of content to the RSN's collection of websites and the MyTeams app.
• Edit digital content as part of a 24/7 sports news cycle, including monitoring social media, editing copy, writing headlines
• Package and optimize content for the app and websites to maximize sharing, engagement and traffic from search
• Publish, optimize, and distribute video tailored for the six regional websites and the MyTeams app
• Identify stories worthy of app notifications and craft compelling copy to inform and entertain users
• Optimize and package written content with SEO best practices in mind
• Collaborate with internal and external distribution partners to maximize the reach of RSN content
• Bachelor's Degree in journalism or related field, or relevant work experience
• Demonstrated experience in packaging content for a digital audience, editing written content for publication, and headline writing for web/apps
• Demonstrated proficiency with Photoshop or other photo-editing software
(note job #: )
• Willingness to work overtime, nights, weekends and holidays
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work well on deadline
• Ability to multi-task and thrive in a high-pressure environment
• Deep knowledge across all major American sports, including NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB and MLS
• SEO understanding or experience is welcomed
• Must be a team player
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site