Weekend Newscast Producer
West Palm Beach, FL
WPEC is seeking a Digital Content Producer to be a part of our amazing mult-platform team. Our goal is to offer digital and soccial users coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives and which they cannot find anywhere else. In this role, you will be responsible for day-to-day production of content for our website, app and social media platforms. You will work with the entire newsroom team on multi-platform strategy and support day-of content and ongoing editorial initiatives.
Essential Duties and Requirements:
• Solid news judgment and ability to collect and confirm information from primary sources
• Able to write compelling and accurate copy on deadline
• Able to multitask and manage time efficiently
• Possess strong communication skills
• Able to keep track and consistently execute digital strategies and goals
• Collaborative team-player willing to pitch in where needed
• Proficiency with non-linear editing (i.e. Adobe, Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews
• Understanding of CMS tools, SEO guidelines for multiple platforms
• Understanding of how to use video and graphics to support content on all platforms
• Must have at least two (2) years of previous newsroom experience at a commercial TV station or digital news platform.
• Bachelor's degree preferred, additional practical experience considered.
• Spanish fluency a plus.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site