Los Angeles, CA
Netflix is the world's leading Internet television network with more than 193 million subscribers in over 190 countries and rapidly growing. It's certainly an exciting time to work at Netflix. Our growing Production Employment Legal Team is looking for an experienced Paralegal to support our 14-person team in Los Angeles, California, reporting to the Director, Production Employment -- UCAN.
Our team is responsible for, among other things, 1) providing employment legal advice to cross-functional partners (e.g., BLA, Creative, Physical Production, Labor) while supporting all of Netflix's content verticals: television, film, documentaries, animation and nonfiction in the US and Canada (UCAN); 2) handling employment claims and litigation arising out of our UCAN based productions; 3) developing and implementing the best strategy for protecting minors working on set globally; 4) managing background checks of crew and psychological evaluations of reality show participants globally; 5) enabling cast and crew to travel around the world, creating the best entertainment for our members; and 6) educating our cross-functional partners on the business impact of the changing legal landscape as it relates to employment, minors, immigration and diligence.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities, across a number of specialist areas. The successful candidate will also have strong organizational skills, an unwavering attention to detail and the ability to anticipate needs.
This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is able to learn quickly, exercise good judgment and take initiative.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Preparation, maintenance and upkeep on project trackers, and coordination of internal projects
• Drafting and finalizing status updates for cross-functional partners
• Assessing and implementing workflows to improve team efficiency
• Perform legal and factual research; draft memos regarding the research
• Developing and implementing a process for receiving, analyzing and responding to subpoenas/requests for employment records
• Preparation and maintenance of files related to agency claims and litigation
• Management of Pence letter process
• Being the subject matter expert on internal apps and technology, including upgrades and changes that impact the team
• Maintain flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned
• At least 5 years of experience as a paralegal in a corporate or law firm environment
• The ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to stay calm under pressure;
• A high level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines;
• Ability to be discreet and maintain confidential information;
• Curiosity and the willingness to tackle projects outside their area of expertise;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Fluency in Excel and the Google suite of applications in a business environment (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive etc);
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Demonstrates excellent judgment, strong critical thinking skills and the desire and willingness to take ownership and control of complex projects;
• Have a great sense of humor