Rules Beauty Inc. is the company behind the groundbreaking, new makeup brand, HALF MAGIC. Created by Donni Davy (Emmy-winning head makeup artist on the hit TV show Euphoria), A24, and the creators of Euphoria. Donni Davy changed the world with #euphoriamakeup, bringing expressive, bold makeup into the everyday.
Our mission is to bring self-discovery, creativity, and playfulness to the world via makeup. Whether you want an eye-catching blast of color or a subtle pop of glitter, HALF MAGIC lets you wear your heart on your face and embody every version of you. Our products are for anyone who is ready to bring a little magic into their lives – from makeup pros to newbies.
HALF MAGIC is an A24 portfolio company. A24 is the global entertainment company behind the Emmy-winning series Euphoria, Golden Globe-winning series Ramy, and award-winning films such as Minari, Moonlight, Lady Bird, Midsommar, Amy, Uncut Gems and The Tragedy of Macbeth.
This position will be responsible for spearheading all regulatory compliance and safety reviews of the brand's new product development launch calendar in addition to maintaining compliancy of the existing product portfolio. The ideal candidate is an expert in the nuance of domestic and international regulatory compliance requirements, with a strong background in color cosmetics and experience in project management and leadership. Candidate must also be a solution-oriented self-starter who is highly detailed and organized.
This position is hybrid in nature (remote and in-office with required in-office days and times), is located in Los Angeles and will report to the Director of Product Development and Packaging.
• Responsible for development, implementation and maintenance of the company's global regulatory affairs department and strategy
• Leads all regulatory compliance reviews for new product launches in accordance with brand specific blacklist and international distribution list – including but not limited to retailer requirements (Ulta, Beauty Bay and more) and regional specific requirements (US, Canada, EU/UK, Australia, APAC and more)
• Monitors global regulatory landscape and communicates/advises on regulatory changes that may impact the existing or future product portfolio in a timely manner
• Works closely with Director of PD & Packaging to review preliminary ILs and flag potential compliancy limitations as it relates to future innovation in order to support new product development and brand's growth trajectory
• Serves as brand's primary regulatory contact with manufacturers, gathering all necessary regulatory documentation required for both internal brand recordkeeping, associated retail partners and for regional compliancy (i.e. EU/UK CPSR), ensuring documents are collected in a timely manner to support NPD launch calendar (raw material and formula level documentation)
• Manages and supports regulatory initiatives to ensure all products meet brand-specific and industry standards – i.e., Vegan, Leaping Bunny Cruelty-Free Certified, Ulta Clean/Conscious Beauty, MOCRA, etc.
• Works closely with Director of PD & Packaging and Project Manager to ensure regulatory project milestones are being met. Flags associated risks and concerns as needed with a solution-oriented and positive can do attitude
• Partners with PD and Packaging team to ensure desired product claims meet global market demands, and suggests alternative claims and solutions where needed depending on brand needs
• Works closely with PD and Packaging team to ensure all products meet global packaging and label compliance requirements
• Proofs primary, label and secondary copy, translations, and artwork to ensure global regulatory standards are met
• Works closely with PD and Packaging team to address any Quality Assurance product challenges, identifying the root cause and working with relevant team members to find viable solutions
• Maintains all brand regulatory files both in the brand specific drive and IIN database for clear and organized tracking and reference purposes
• Minimum 8-10 years of combined regulatory affairs experience in color cosmetics, both in domestic and international markets
• Preferred - BS or MS in relevant sciences or cosmetics
• Strong knowledge and expertise in international regulatory affairs and packaging/labeling compliance
• Strong knowledge of necessary raw material and FG documentation for global compliancy
• Experience working with IIN database is not required, but a plus
• Access to strong network of global regulatory resources
• Regulatory knowledge of OTC requirements is a plus
• Organized self-starter with incredible attention to detail
• Creative problem-solver with strong analytical skills
• Ability to balance requirements of brand's regulatory strategy and ever-changing regulatory landscape with the ability to support brand's growth plan
• Ability to understand and streamline complex regulatory processes for targeted audiences
• Strong ability to collaborate with other team members and departments
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• Thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
Our target compensation range for this role is between $130,000 and $150,000 annually. Actual starting salary within the range will depend on various considerations, including: work experience, skills, specializations, and training. This role is also eligible for an annual performance bonus, competitive healthcare, as well as other employee benefits.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rby33k-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.