The Multimedia Journalist Reporter produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
KNWA-TV/KFTA-TV, NBC and FOX affiliates in Northwest Arkansas, are looking for a multimedia journalist to join our MMJ Reporter Team.
This position requires daily reporting across Northwest Arkansas and the River Valley (Fort Smith). We're looking for someone to be an active member of the community and by fully immersed in the culture of our communities. We need a storyteller who understands the angles, knows how to work contacts, enterprises, one-man-bands, wins on social media, and loves the adrenaline rush of breaking news.
Above all, we're looking for a hard worker with an optimistic outlook and a drive to succeed and grow!
APPLY HERE or send your best on-air material to Lisa Brence, news director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northwest Arkansas is a rapidly growing and vibrant community filled with rolling hills, rivers, lakes and Fortune 500 company headquarters. Our population just crossed 500k and is rising. Why? Because high-end business industries are here and they are bringing in some of the best talent in their fields, cost of living is low, quality of living is high and we fill up our days/nights with world-class museums, performing arts centers, major sporting venues, amazing concerts, fantastic foodie destinations and tons of community-centric events.
In fact, U.S. News ranks Fayetteville fifth best place to live in the country! http://realestate.usnews.com/places/arkansas/fayetteville
Our newsroom is forward-thinking and built on a strong emphasis of positive reinforcement, feedback, growth and development of talent, and a desire to win. We are consistently winning awards from our local audiences for our commitment to our community and our service-centered sense of duty.
Whether you're looking for a place to settle in or a place to equip yourself and launch into that ''big step'' – we have a proven track record of providing both outcomes.
*Must include a link to online reel when applying in order to be considered.*
KNWA-TV/KFTA-TV is an equal opportunity employer.
• Present news stories and other content for all platforms.
• Ensure all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Work with management to enterprise and develop stories daily.
• Evaluate news leads and tips to develop story ideas.
• Build a network of sources who supply information that allows the Station to stay ahead of its competitors.
• Write and deliver news stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
• Communicate clearly and respectfully with management and team members.
• Assist in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
• Act as a field reporter as assigned.
• Conduct interviews with news personnel and others.
• Respond to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Participate in promotional activities including public appearances and community volunteer opportunities.
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Edit video clips as assigned.
• Write content for the website and other digital platforms.
• May produce newscasts.
• Interact with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Promote teamwork and maintain attitude of cooperation with all station personnel.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
• Minimum two years' experience in news reporting (Depending on market size)
• Superior on-air presence
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record
• Flexibility to work any shift
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.