HR / Payroll Administrator
San Francisco, CA US
• Act as the primary point of contact for payroll matters for your location. Including but not limited to bi-weekly payroll processing, payroll database maintenance, record keeping, file maintenance.
• Prepare required union reporting.
• Assist management with basic employee relations matters as needed.
• Interfaces with shared services and the governance team as needed.
• Assist Regional Controller with accounting as needed.
• Assist Regional Controller with annual Budget and monthly Forecasts.
• Experience with payroll and human resources practices and processes.
• Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality requirements.
• Ability to communicate financial and business situations clearly.
• Demonstrated competency with all Microsoft Office software.
• Experience working with a unionized workforce highly desirable.
• Interpersonal savvy; relates well with all people.
• Builds rapport and effective relations; uses diplomacy and tact.
• Approachability; is easy to approach and talk to; is a good listener.
• Action oriented; enjoys working hard, and is self-motivated.
• Problem solving & decision making; uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems, recommends systems and procedures; finds sources for input, makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
• Planning/organizing; prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Developing self & others; confident and assertive when providing coaching, guidance or direction.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree preferred, plus 3 to 5 years in a Human Resources, Payroll, or Office Manager capacity required.
Training/Equipment: Proficient in Microsoft Office desktop applications; Excellent database & spreadsheet skills; HRIS systems knowledge a plus.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Fast paced, dynamic environment with deadline pressures. Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, and well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority. Frequently handles sensitive and confidential material. Must demonstrate 100% confidentiality on all matters.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
First/Mid Level Officials and Managers