Animation TV - Editor
Glendale, CA US
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Schedule & Budget
• Responsible for creating and managing entire post schedule for each series, including internal and external sessions, material deadlines, and final delivery assets.
• Understands how changes may affect the budget, scheduling and overtime and communicates the impact of these changes to Post Dept Manager and Production Management.
• Negotiates creative retake costs with outside animation studios ensuring shows stay within their creative retake budgets. Alerts Post Manager and Series Producer if episodes are in danger of going over budget.
• Creates and maintains Post Production schedules for retake, spotting and review sessions with composer and sound designers; pre- and final mixes; color correction; quality control and international distribution. Responsible for scheduling all related sessions.
• On CG Series, works closely with Production Manager to ensure that predetermined animation stages are delivered to the Post department as scheduled.
On 2D series, work with outside animation studio to ensure footage deliveries are received on time.
• Partners with Production Manager and/or Casting Supervisor to schedule ADR sessions and ensure correct picture reference is on stage for ADR sessions.
• Work closely with external vendor post production facilities to ensure all quality, creative, technical and budget needs as well as scheduling milestones are met.
• Works with Marketing Production Services to ensure that all footage requests that pertain to their projects are fulfilled.
• Works with Supervising Producer and Production Manager to ensure that domestic Main Title and End Credit sections are completed on schedule in conjunction with show coordination.
• Ensures all textless elements are completed and delivered with each episode. Works with Home Video Distribution (Netflix) to ensure correct technical delivery of master sound and picture elements.
• Manages editor and assistant editor's schedules to ensure the needs of each series are being met and work is being completed on schedule.
• Manages Coordinator's/PA's tasks including but not limited to-downloading and posting footage, alerting editors and assistant editors of deliveries received; taking retake notes; relaying retake lists and gathering clarification materials for outside studios; posting QTs for internal and external review; tracking all notes that arise from these reviews.
• Remains calm under pressure and provide clear, calm leadership when conflicting priorities arise.
• Helps to mentor and grow Coordinators and PAs.
• Helps to create a team environment within the department and helps in keeping morale positive on their projects.
• Works with series' Production Manager to ensure that OT is managed and approved when necessary.
• Maintains knowledge of current union rules (Local 700) and make sure these rules are being followed.
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook; familiarity with internet and Gmail.
• Knowledge of FileMaker Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator a plus but not essential
• Superb written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong time management skills; excellent multi-tasker and able to work well in a high-pressure environment.
• BA/BS preferred, or minimum 5 years of Post Production experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of post production workflow for animated series a plus.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site