International Marketing Administrative Assistant
Universal Music Group
New York, NY US
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Pop/Rock/Big Beat Digital Marketing team at Atlantic Records.
Job Title: Assistant, Digital Marketing Operations (Pop/Rock/Big Beat)
A little bit about our team:
The Digital team at Atlantic Records is a full-service, agency-like marketing team, dedicated to building artist careers through the intersection of music and technology. We are responsible for all digital strategy and marketing for all artists on the roster, acting as artist partners in our 360 relationships, across music, touring, merch, and all other aspects of the artist career. Through creative marketing campaigns, we build online and mobile fan communities, with an eye towards evolving the way that fans listen to, participate in, and purchase music and related products. We create, market and optimize content, develop and implement CRM/fan acquisition strategies, and work with new, engaging digital platforms and startups.
Why this could be your next big break:
This role is a great entry point and stepping stone into digital marketing. This job is the intersection of creative, marketing, technology, operations and production; you will have your hand in a lot of different areas. You must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task, as you will be assisting many artist projects, and administrating a fast-paced, large, growing team. You will be the direct operational support for the Pop/Rock/Big Beat digital marketing team across all aspects of a music release – you will also be working closely with product managers, our in-house creative design, development and video team, and artist managers to help bring artists' visions to life.
The ideal candidate is interested in the day-to-day operational facets of a music release AND new technology. This person reads blogs (tech and entertainment) every day, installs every new app just to try it out, and has a passion for leveraging the Internet to drive artist careers and revenue. They live on social media, lifestyle blogs, and discover new music in interesting ways. They understand how to optimize content across social platforms, have a desire to learn the ''nuts and bolts'' of what it takes operationally to release music and videos. As the environment is incredibly collaborative, you will be assisting in digital marketing operations for the department as a whole as well, giving you insights into many aspects of the digital space.
If you love new challenges daily and consider yourself a ''digital marketing ninja'' - this could be the gig for you.
Here you'll get to:
• Provide direct operational support to the digital marketing team in all areas of a music or video release
• Coordinate with internal teams and 3rd party designers / developers to produce all assets for a digital release - links, banners, social skins, landing pages, CRM blasts, artist websites, apps, interactive games and experiences
• Assist in the creation of all digital marketing materials for internal and external teams (editorial & social calendars, timelines and presentations)
• Participate in brainstorming and implementation of exciting online content and innovative campaigns optimized for each distribution network/channel
• Execute effective online advertising campaigns for artists, creating a strong presence in the desired target market and community
• Analyze campaign & streaming data and create weekly marketing summaries and reports
• Manage the digital marketing team calendars and assist in setting up meetings, conference calls
• Attend and contribute to all related company meetings in connection with assigned projects, and provide the team with timely feedback and follow-up regarding any action items
Are you a Rockstar candidate? If so:
• You have a passion for music and tech - we know you're at you're best when you're doing what you love and are looking for Rockstar candidates that LOVE the internet, technology, social and music
• You have AMAZING organizational abilities
• You can multitask and prioritize
• You can manage multiple deadlines and urgent tasks
• You are willing to learn a little bit of everything, and open to take on anything
• You are insanely detail-oriented
• You are excellent at listening, interpreting, and communicating
• You are creative
• You are a self-starter
• You are curious and ask questions
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• BS or BA in Marketing, Communications, or similar
• Working knowledge of interactive technologies and communication tools including email, social media, and viral marketing techniques (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SoundCloud, Snapchat, etc.)
• Experience and knowledge of streaming platforms
• Some experience with Photoshop, basic HTML, social media publishing tools and video editing
• Juggler & multi-tasker extraordinaire! Proven excellence in prioritization, time management and follow up skills with an attention to detail