Television Station New Business Developer
Portsmouth, VA US
WAVY-TV 10 and WVBT FOX43 in the Norfolk, VA, market seeks a results-driven Account Executive. This experienced sales professional must have a winning attitude and a desire to succeed!
Responsibilities include managing agency business, new business generation, client relationship building, proposal preparation and presentation to a diverse customer base. The position requires excellent communication, customer service, and time management skills. The ideal candidate will be a people person who is responsible for developing large-scale new business clients and growing digital revenue! The ideal candidate should have a minimum 2 years of media sales experience. Bachelor's degree preferred with an emphasis in Business/Marketing or Communications.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Identify, develop, and expand existing and new client relationships & key accounts.
• Maintain close communications at various stages in the sales cycle including account updates, weekly projections & forecasting of future advertising.
• Conduct research on target markets and trends, and adjusts sales strategy accordingly.
• Ensure clear understanding and interpretation of client needs, and recommend appropriate solutions, in order to meet requirements.
• Develop short and long range plans for revenue growth.
• Negotiate advertising rates, create oral & written presentations; generate packages.
• Monitor accounts receivables.
• Research, analyze and monitor competitive media for new leads.
• Knowledge of online/digital and interactive advertising tools in order to advise advertisers and peer advertising sales representatives on the effective use of online/digital and interactive advertisements. Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
• Strong oral, problem solving, communications, writing, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Must be well organized, display a professional demeanor, exude high energy and show attention to detail.
To be considered for this job you must apply online at https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar. No calls. Pre-employment background & DMV check.
********* EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *********
About Nexstar Media Group, Inc.
Nexstar Media Group is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Nexstar owns, operates, programs or provides sales and other services to 171 television stations and related digital multicast signals reaching 100 markets or approximately 39% of all U.S. television households. Nexstar's portfolio includes primary affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyNetworkTV and The CW. Nexstar's community portal websites offer additional hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers, allowing audiences to choose where, when and how they access content while creating new revenue opportunities. For more information please visit www.nexstar.tv.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site