Assistant Production Manager
About The Brand
For over 30 years, the Nickelodeon Animation Studio continues to be one of the largest producers of television animation in the world, reflecting all kids today. Based in Burbank, Calif., with offices in New York, the Studio, designed by our artists and for our artists, is home to the world's greatest creative talents. Our campus of creativity houses top-notch talent, storytellers, artists, production teams, voice actors, cartoon experts and more. At Nickelodeon, we are always looking to recruit dedicated craftspeople to help bring groundbreaking new ideas to life and that starts with you! We are leading the way in animated content for TV series, TV movies, shorts and theatrical features. Some of our new upcoming original animated series include, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years, Rugrats, Middlemost Post, Star Trek: Prodigy, Big Nate and Santiago of the Seas, among others. Our content development teams are creator-driven, our work culture is collaborative, our mentorship of new talent is second to none, and we are committed to hiring inclusively to reflect authenticity in the diverse stories we want to tell. Join us!
Overview and Responsibilities
• Receiving, organizing and importing materials (audio from EMR, picture from the storyboard department, etc.), building and editing the Animatic, then exporting and archiving final materials.
• This person should be highly organized, have an encyclopedic knowledge of the editing system being used for Animatics (currently Premiere Pro) and will be working closely with a number of people requiring the ability to work well with others.
• The Animatic Process has now taken over as the main guide for all animation timing in lieu of x-sheets. It is also a tool to pitch to Network and other Executives so the attention to detail and the ability to create additional materials that service these purposes is an important skill.
• The Animatic editor will be responsible for cutting in all manner of library sound effects and temp music cues on his/her own and also under the direction of the show's creative directors and producers. The Animatic editor will also record scratch lines and lay them into sync. Lastly, the Animatic editor must make sure to keep clean and organized audio tracks - most especially the dialogue tracks as they will pass forward from Animatic and on to the final dialogue conform and mix.
• Most importantly the Animatic Editor will sit with many people on the production to edit and finish the final Animatic. This means that input from the creator, director, and other production people will be required to guide the Animatic into its final state. Therefore the Animatic Editor must be able to quickly and effectively render these requests while keeping schedules and deadlines in mind.
• All Animatic Editors report directly to the Line Producers of the productions they work on.
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro & Photoshop required. Storyboard Pro knowledge a plus.
• Bachelor degree in Film Production, related field, or equivalent work experience.
Job Locations US-CA-Burbank
Job Type Full-Time Staff
Brand Nickelodeon Animation
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site