Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Diego, CA
PlayStation is the leading entertainment platform with 80 million daily active users in over 90 countries!
Our network platform enables users to:
• Buy and Play the most exclusive games on the device
• Stream and Play the best game titles online and enjoy the other platform games on PlayStation 4 online
• Watch live stream events, movies and TV
• Use the Social features to share and play among friends
• Use the third party applications for entertainment
Payments Engineering division provides a linear scale, highly available, fault-tolerant, globally distributed commerce service platform. We design highly scalable software application systems and implement tests for application quality, performance and scalability. Our mission is to provide the highest level of performance and reliability for our customers. We work on the network services platform, including existing and new services supporting customer growth on the platform.
About The Job
• Develop distributed services, collaborate with product managers, architects, engineers, and operations team members to build payment platform solutions.
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
• Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
• Coordinate software system installations and monitor equipment function to ensure specifications are met.
• Build next generation software tools to improve engineering productivity.
• Experiment with technologies, solving the problems of scaling, latencies while keeping a check on cost and quality.
• You have a Master's Degree in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent, with 4+ years of experience building distributed and scalable software
• You have built software using Java, Python, C++ or similar languages
• You have knowledge of different data storage technologies like MySQL, Oracle, DynamoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase etc
• You understand virtualization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
• You have good understanding of public cloud design like AWS or GCE
• You are familiar with tools such as Datadog, Splunk, Jenkins, JIRA, etc…
• You influence and impact multiple teams. You are extremely proactive and keep relevant people in the loop.
• You have solid understanding of service oriented architecture and familiarity with microservices architecture
• You have demonstrated success in partnering with key stakeholders in previous roles
• You are not afraid to challenge status quo and think outside the box
• Communication is your strong suit: in code, in email, and face-to-face
• You get things done with minimum supervision
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.