Assistant Director / Director
We are currently searching for an AD/Director to work on a live nightly national newscast.
• Supervise on-air talent, technicians, stage crew, floors directors.
• Must have in-depth knowledge of studio/remote broadcasting technology including automated servers, graphics systems, and editing. ENPS and Ross Overdrive experience preferred.
• Assist director during live shows with remotes, graphics, and various monitor inputs.
• The AD/Director will interact with the newscast producer to understand the content, tone, structure and pace of the newscast.
• The broadcast will be fast paced and highly produced using Ross Overdrive, Ross XPression and Ross XPression Tessera.
• AD/Director should add creativity and ideas that enhance the final product.
• AD/Directors will help design and implement use of new multi-area set and evolving format.
• Coordinates with the News and Creative Services Departments to achieve the graphic elements of the newscast.
Please be prepared to furnish current references and shows (with director's track). Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news.
Five plus (5+) years experience AD/Directing. News applicants only please. Evenings, weekends, and holidays will be a part of the schedule. Bachelor's degree in Communications or related field preferred.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site