St. Louis, MO
The Sales Account Executive generates advertising revenue by calling on established agencies, cold-calling new prospects and convincing potential clients of the merits of television advertising.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for developing new business for KPLR-TV St. Louis.
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community, providing outstanding customer service.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients, cold calling and prospecting is required.
• Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
• Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, and minimum two years of experience in outside sales, preferably in the media field.
• Creativity, strong written/oral communication skills are required.
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
• Experience achieving long-range objectives, possess self-motivation skills, ability to implement the strategies and actions to achieve success.
• Must be able to work under pressure, be extremely organized, and maintain a team spirit.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Sales Account Executive must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Sales Account Executive must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site