Executive News Producer
Durham, NC US
ABC11 WTVD-TV - the Disney-owned television station in Raleigh/Durham - is looking for a Digital Executive Producer to help with the next phase of our multi-platform transformation.
Are you an excellent writer who can coach others? Do you thrive at developing multi-platform audience? Can you interpret analytics and use them to make editorial decisions? Do you have innovative ideas to help us optimize content for each screen?
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
• Using insights to drive editorial and strategic decision making for the digital team and the newsroom as a whole and create accountability for the results
• Assist in leading our newsroom to develop workflows that deliver our content 24/7 across current and future platforms with storytelling that is optimized for each screen
• Working with other newsroom leaders to create synergy across all platforms on station content
• Managing social and multi-platform strategy for station accounts
• Managing the look and feel of station's digital brand online
• Identifying new content types and innovative technologies that help us reach new audiences
• Dominating breaking news with speed and accuracy, owning the big story, and growing new opportunities in our multi-media environment
• Collaborate with content makers to maximize the sharing of our content in a multi-platform way
• Coach and mentor the news team in best practices for writing and producing content for digital and social platforms
• Using SEO (search engine optimization) to increase page views and unique visitors through Google, etc.
• College degree preferred along with five years' experience in audience development/news. Prefer background that includes editor of a news website.
• Must have experience analyzing audience data (Omniture, Google Analytics etc.) and identifying trends
• Must have a deep understanding of social strategy and SEO with the desire to keep up with emerging platforms
• Must understand basic journalism legal principles
• Must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Working knowledge of online content-management systems required
• Experience with FTP programs
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and Dreamweaver
• Nonlinear editing experience
• Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• AP style
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site