Senior Accountant, Consolidations
New York, NY US
Join our Global Media Networks group as a Manager Global Licensing Finance. As part of this team, your principal responsibilities include managing the day-to-day activities of the Global Home Entertainment and Domestic Consumer Products Marketing businesses. This role will also help support the Director, Global Licensing Finance in the day-to-day activities surrounding the remainder of Domestic Consumer Products, as well as, provide support during quarterly licensee forecasting.
Global Home Video
• Partner with the Global Home Entertainment Team to closely monitor the expenses associated with individual DVD releases across all brands.
• Create and submit required monthly global outlooks into Longview; based off of calendar year Revenue + COS projections provided by Paramount Studios and internally calculated participations expense.
• Partner with the Ancillary COE team to reconcile monthly global revenue files across all brands.
• Complete monthly allocations across all territories for Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and MTV brands.
• Assist in completing the re-forecasting packages with variance explanations across all brands.
• Manage the monthly close process for all Global Home Video production expenses; ensuring all incurred expenses have been actualized, or accrued in the proper month.
• Prepare domestic close package for Home Video for presentation to Domestic CFO.
• Prepare and provide monthly Forecast files for presentation to ViacomCBS Finance.
Consumer Products Marketing
• Partner closely with the Retail Marketing, Franchise Marketing, CP Creative, Fashion Collaborations and Direct-To-Consumer Team's to closely monitor projected + actualized campaign expenses across brands.
• Provide bi-monthly reporting to each business team for campaign expense allocations.
• Manage the monthly close process for all Domestic Consumer Products Marketing; ensuring all incurred expenses have been actualized, or accrued in the proper month.
• Prepare and provide monthly Forecast files for presentation to Marketing Finance.
Ad Hoc Analysis + Project Work
• Assist in providing licensee financial one-sheets to Account Executives for partner meetings, upon request.
• Assist in uploading and tracking of manual licensee submissions during quarterly licensee forecasting.
• Manage special projects and ad hoc requests, as required.
• Minimum 5-7 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the consumer products/licensing industry.
• Bachelor's degree in Business/Finance/Accounting preferred.
• 2+ years of experience in financial planning, analysis, and modeling required.
• Deep understanding of financial accounting & financial statement analysis.
• Strong Microsoft Excel + PowerPoint skills required.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, across all areas of the business.
• Ability to solve problems/be inquisitive, organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Experience with SAP and Longview Solutions a plus.