Desk Assistant / Assignment Editor
CBS Television Stations
Chicago, IL US
Producer II (Temporary)
Temporary Producer II
• Generating, pitching and executing creative enterprise and day of news story ideas for television and digital.
• Collaborate with editors, photojournalist, guest bookers, show and segment producers to create compelling packages for the network.
Produce live segments, both in the field or in the studio or from remote network locations
• Oversee and manage production of reporter packages from concept to delivery; including idea generation, story research, news gathering, writing and post production.
• Writing scripts with varied reporter support
• Leveraging skills in field producing, interviewing in person and remotely, creating and signing off on graphics as research and other post production elements.
• The successful candidate for this position will have a minimum of 6 - 10 years of package production and field producing at either a cable or broadcast network.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Position requires outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, organization skills, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic.
• Strong knowledge of newsgathering and social media
• Skills in field producing, interviewing, as well as research and production a must.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced news environment that is 24 hours/ 365 days a year, including last minute travel.
• Degree in Journalist or equivalent work experience
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands