Manager, Globalization Program Management
Los Gatos, CA
*This position may be based out of either our Los Angeles or Los Gatos office.
Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited original and licensed movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to over 167 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. As we expand globally, we continue to grow our talented and unique team to help us scale. With our continued investment in a slate of content including original productions, content licensing, and international expansion, it's a great time for you to join Netflix. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
This role is part of the Studio Product Management team which is focused on developing products that drive innovation in the movie-making process. We are seeking an experienced Product Manager with a history of outstanding accomplishments in asset management and media formats to join our team. This role will own the Product Management of Netflix's digital asset management platform and asset inspection/transformation capabilities. You will partner with engineers, peer product managers, and business stakeholders to deliver scalable asset management capabilities for our studio ecosystem that will support production, delivery and marketing functions.
As a Product Manager on the Studio Product team, you will be expected to conceive, design and prioritize product initiatives based on your expertise and understanding of the asset management landscape. Though this is a senior role, you won't have any direct reports. Instead, you will have the freedom to focus on significant business impact while orchestrating the work of stunning teams.
What you will do:
• Own product management of Netflix's Asset Management Core Function which includes the underlying DAM (Digital Asset Management) platform, inspection capabilities, asset transformation capabilities, and APIs
• Partner with product managers, technical program managers, engineering managers and business experts working on numerous studio applications utilizing asset management capabilities across production, distribution, marketing, archive, and other user cases
• Understand, evaluate, and manage asset models, taxonomies and capabilities holistically across the studio ecosystem. Capture asset model, taxonomy and capability requests from various applications and business teams. Outline requirements/dependencies, normalize schemas and work with engineering teams to prioritize development efforts
• Develop, outline and maintain transaction volumes, SLAs for asset management core functions
• Coordinate with platform teams around capabilities needed from underlying platform infrastructure
• Socialize project timelines and roadmaps with stakeholders as needed and maintain accountability on deliverables
• Coordinate test materials and content from appropriate stakeholder teams to enable testing of developed capabilities (from the asset management core perspective vs. UI UAT)
What you will need to be successful:
• 10+ years of experience within digital asset management systems, taxonomies,
or technical operations/development of media assets or production assets
• Keen understanding of media technologies, asset encoding, inspection and production/post-production workflows/tools used in the domain
• Knowledge and understanding of interchange formats (ex. IMF, OTIO, USD) and industry standards (ex. EBU Core, SMPTE Metadata registry)
• Experience with new software development processes: discovery, design, engineering, soft launch
• Experience managing and working with engineering teams collectively
• Willingness to regularly travel
• Strong ability to dive into the unknown and create clarity amid chaos
• Sharp assessment skills with an ability to vet wants vs. needs
• Comfortable with running lean
• Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment