Senior External Art Manager
Edmonton, AB CA
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story.
Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare is seeking a creative and passionate Senior Outsource Producer who can help us turn our growing outsourcing team into a robust and comprehensive department that supports our projects in all aspects of development. Going well beyond the outsourcing of game assets, this role will allow you to flex your creative muscle as you look for ways to add value to our projects and studio.
• Work closely with project leadership to define and execute creative strategies for outsource and co-development that enhance our products and improve quality, cost-effectiveness, and/or risk mitigation.
• Build a wide variety of partnerships to deliver art, animation, UX, programming, cinematics, levels, and more.
• Manage a team of outsource managers to ensure effective, consistent communication between development partners and internal teams.
• Lead your team in finding new partners and new ways to make outsourcing and co-development work for us.
• Extensive experience with managing outsource and/or co-dev relationships, ideally involving a variety of disciplines.
• Willingness and ability to travel internationally.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and strong emotional intelligence skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; able to work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors with minimal guidance.
• Highly developed relationship-building skills in a multicultural and geographically diverse environment.
• 10+ years of experience in game development; the ideal candidate will have several years of experience working with outsourcers or co-dev partners.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.