Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
• Tell the market's weather stories in an interactive way that it connects with and captivates bilingual viewers across multiplatform formats.
• Develop innovative and creative ways of presenting the daily weather story and next weather maker with an emphasis on accuracy and integrity of data.
• Produce weather graphics and analyze data from the National Weather Service as well as other meteorological sources.
• Work with the weather team and producers to create complete coverage of weather. Also prepare and post forecasts for multiple platforms.
• Some live reporting and attendance at community and weather-related events will be required.
• Report on community feature stories happening around Arizona.
• Participate in special projects.
• Use of social media daily and especially during severe events.
• Minimum of two years' experience as a television weather anchor or meteorologist.
• Degree in meteorology is preferred.
• Fluent bilingual English/Spanish speaker to include written word.
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have the ability to work flexible and sometimes long hours due to the nature of weather events. Ability to possibly work nights and weekends for coverage of weather events.
• Must be 18 years or greater.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must accept Solutions as NBC Universal's Alternative Dispute Resolution program
• Must have excellent driving record and active driver's license.
• Experience with severe weather coverage, including but not limited to tornados, severe thunderstorms, ice and snow events.
• Passion to be a part of a major weather event, no matter when or where it happens.
• BS degree in meteorology preferred.
• Compelling on-air presence - crisp, clear, and confidant bilingual delivery.
• Should thrive working under the intense deadline pressure of television weather.
• Technologically savvy with strong computer skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
• Strong leadership qualities and self-motivation.
• Understanding of the demands of an on-air HD environment.
External Application Page
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site