FOX40 is looking for a passionate freelance reporter/multi-media journalist to join our news team. This position requires the applicant to enterprise stories, shoot, write, edit and present them live. We want someone who can connect with our viewers through his/her storytelling.
Our goal is to connect with our community on all platforms including television, web and social media. This job is for someone who is driven, curious, motivated and ready to win.
• General assignment reporting
• Develop and execute enterprise content on a consistent basis
• Evaluate news leads and pitch unique stories that will get results and drive ratings; participate in the editorial process
• Cover breaking news with a sense of urgency
• Establish and maintain relationships/sources in the community
• Participate in station community and promotional events
• Produce content for Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites
• Perform other duties as assigned
• College degree, preferably in broadcast journalism
• Knowledge of media law, newsgathering/First Amendment law, and media ethics
• Understanding of Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto market
• Final Cut Pro edit experience and video camera/photography skills
• Exceptional writing, speech, grammar and spelling
• Ability to effectively report live during breaking news
• Expect long periods outdoors in all weather conditions
• Ability to list 25-30 pounds of equipment required
• Clean background check, driving record and drug test required
Education and Experience
• Must be proficient in non-linear editing. Final Cut Pro X experience preferred.
• Experience in multi-camera studio production is desired
• College coursework in video production is preferred
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site