Full Time Job
Digital Media Analyst
- Full Time
Digital Media Analyst
Team: Operations, Engineering & Distribution
The Digital Media Analyst is responsible for analyzing the metadata for digital assets originating from multiple sources for quality, consistency, and completeness. This position is also responsible for tracking and reporting on all of the metadata-driven workflows within the Digital Media Center. They will also be responsible for facilitating data ingest, coherent aggregation with other data, archiving, and assisting with Media Gateway onboarding, implementation, and sustainability exercises.
Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Organize and manage media throughout the entire digital asset life cycle from creation to distribution, production, and archiving.
• Document relevant process workflows to understand pain points; implement standard processes and guidelines.
• Assure that assets meet PBS standards and contain appropriate UUIDs (EDIR, RightsLine ID, NOLA and others).
• Assess the accuracy of information to be entered or modified; as needed, perform corrections to maintain full accuracy of information.
• Ensure that assets comply with PBS standards for file naming, file formats, quality, and rights management.
• Work closely with clients to ensure their needs are met and offer creative solutions.
• Track and report metrics for legacy systems and develop & report metrics for new cloud-based systems.
Requirements for success:
• Experience working with, or knowledge of, digital asset, media asset & production asset management systems.
• Experience using various platforms in tandem for media management and delivery, clean up, and enhancements.
• Experience with analysis and visualization reporting tools such as but not limited to Tableau.
• Bachelor's degree in Library Sciences or equivalent discipline.
• Master's degree in Library or Information Sciences strongly preferred.
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience working with collaborative cross-departmental teams and independently.
• Comfortable learning new technologies and platforms and contributing to workflow improvements.
• Ability to master a variety of applications and a willingness to learn new systems.
• Visually literate, methodical, meticulous, and capable of strong attention to detail.
• Ability to think creatively to solve complex problems.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia
PBSPBS and our member stations are America’s largest classroom, the nation’s largest stage for the arts and a trusted window to the world. In addition, PBS's educational media helps prepare children for success in school and opens up the world to them in an age-appropriate way.
External Application Page
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site