Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Temporary Weapons Artist - Treyarch
Treyarch's Weapon Art team is on the hunt for a talented, dedicated, and passionate Weapon and Hard Surface Artist to join our team. A successful candidate is an Artist that absolutely LOVES weapons and has the talent and skill to match that love, while being a total team player. This is a critical role which focuses on one of the most important aspects of First Person Shooter games.
What you'll be doing:
• Contribute to creating weapons, attachments, and equipment at the highest quality for in game and promotional uses either through Modelling, Texturing, Designing and Rendering.
• Rig and implement assets into the game.
• Work together with Artists, Animators, and Designers on ensuring the best player experience.
• An incredible passion for 3D art and First Person Shooters.
• 4+ years of experience working within game development.
• Excellent abilities in hard surface modeling.
• Excellent abilities in photo-realistic texturing and surfacing work.
• Excellent attention to design, detail, form and function.
• Good eye for color and tonal balance, and graphic design.
• Must be a team player and collaborate with others.
• Excellent understanding of mechanical function and purpose.
• Self-managing and able to identify and meet deadlines and goals.
• Must be willing to go above and beyond what's expected to ensure the absolute best quality is achieved.
• Excellent communicator willing to receive and give direction and critique.
• Meticulous and detail oriented, keeping your work clean and tidy.
• Excellent problem solving abilities creatively and technically.
• Ability to learn new tools quickly and effectively.
• Excellent working knowledge of industry standard 3D and image editing programs.
• Expert knowledge in Maya and Substance Painter.
• Outstanding knowledge of weapons and equipment.
• Outstanding knowledge of general military application and authenticity.
• Experience working with game engines.
Candidates will need to submit the following:
• Online Portfolio (with breakdown)
Candidates will also need to be prepared for an Art Test.
Treyarch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site