Fox TV Stations
Hearst Television is seeking an aggressive, creative, talented photojournalist to join its Washington Bureau and contribute to its new national investigative unit. The Washington Bureau is responsible for covering breaking news, politics, health, consumer, and special projects for Hearst stations, as well as major event coverage such as political conventions and election coverage, and long-form investigative journalism that delivers national impact. Candidates should be tech savvy and up-to-date on the most modern aspects of our medium. You must be able to shoot on Sony XD Cam, GoPro, on laptop computer and iPhone, and edit in Adobe Premiere. Excellent editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization, and knowledge of Adobe Premiere, CNN platforms are critical.
• Visual storyteller committed to compelling sequences, deliberate lighting, vivid video, and riveting natural sound
• Shoot and edit national-level investigative video journalism, with an emphasis on conceiving of unique, visual content to illustrate information, data, and documents in a creative and engaging way
• Shooting and editing of VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for Broadcast Air and On-line postings
• Working with Producers, Reporters, and Investigative Correspondents to cover daily, enterprise, and deep-dive stories.
• Responsible for technical set-up and shooting of satellite and fiber live remotes
• Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered, while taking the initiative to contribute editorially, in story pitch meetings and the script drafting process.
• Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from various sources.
• Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video.
• Must have computer and software experience.
• Previous newsroom experience preferred.
• Related military experience will be considered.
• Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
• Can work in all weather conditions
• Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver's license and a near-perfect driving record
• Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
• Can organize and prioritize
• Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn't wait to be told what to do
• Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site