Associate Producer, Español
Atlanta, GA US
Live Desk Producer (Temporary)
The Temporary Live Desk Producer is responsible for managing international live shots for all CNN TV and digital networks. This position is a liaison with the global field teams, news desks in Atlanta, London, Hong Kong and Abu Dhabi and the satellites desk. They are the first point of contact for the production teams at all networks for their live shot requests and the successful execution of those requests. The Live Shot Producer will work under the guidance of the Senior News Editor and, in turn, under the guidance of the International Director of Coverage. In addition to live shot coordination, the Live Desk Producer may be called upon to facilitate aspects of a particular story, beat or region as directed by the Director of Coverage or Senior News Editor. If needed, this role may be called upon to step into a News Desk Producer role and may therefore be responsible for confirming and alerting news lines and content. This position rotates on overnight shifts.
• Making sure the technical aspects of the live shot coordination flow smoothly between correspondents, field producers, photojournalists and production galleries for the respective networks.
• Showing ownership of the lives to ensure the highest technical quality and production values, including bringing in Sat, DNG, and BCC support if needed.
• Adding value to live shots by making sure the best and latest pictures and editorial are used.
• Prioritizing network needs.
• Flagging immediately when any incident in the field could impact the safety of the team.
• Key to this job function, is the ability to calmly multi-task and prioritize network news needs, as well as being able to handle additional demands during breaking news coverage.
• Candidates must have proven editorial knowledge and understanding.
• Candidates must have a competitive approach to newsgathering with exceptional interests in international news.
• Strong communication skills.
• Candidate must be able to handle multiple tasks in a calm organized way.
• 2+ years of experience is required in a newsgathering or production environment with knowledge of news logistics and technical requirements.
• A strong candidate will be a flexible thinker, adapt quickly to changes and be a proven multi-tasker with successful results.
The following are highly desired as part of a news editor's skill set:
• Multi-lingual fluency.
• Video and content editing skills including a creative approach to presentation.
• Experience with writing, programming, field producing and a broad understanding of the technical systems are a plus.
• Control room experience would also be very advantageous.
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape