Chicago, IL US
WMAQ-TV, NBC Chicago has an opportunity to work in our highly-regarded Newsroom producing engaging news stories for broadcast. Here you will:
• Work closely with the Platform Managers, DayPart Managers and Assignment Editors, as well as Reporters and Anchors to create high-quality and informative news stories with integrity and facts.
• Gather content for all of WMAQ-TV's news platforms, including but not limited to Out-of-Home, web and on-air broadcast.
• Responsible for the overall coverage of assigned stories for all platforms throughout the day.
• Expected to initialize, develop and produce news stories for news segment, as well as longer news pieces for air or specials.
• Participate in editorial planning sessions and provide creative story ideas.
• Add content to our digital and social platforms in conjunction with our dedicated digital content team.
We are looking for an individual who will bring a strong sense of story and compelling visual style with a Bachelor's degree (or higher). In addition:
• Minimum 4 years of experience with News writing, producing, and desktop editing across multiple platforms and social media
• Minimum 1 year of experience in News field photography for newsgathering and News production
• Must be willing and able to work overnight shift, weekends, longer hours and varying shifts as assigned and when necessary to meet production and broadcast deadlines
To qualify you must:
• Have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Be willing to work in Chicago, IL
• Submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered for this position
At NBC we love to have diversity at the work place and encourage our employees to have a variety of skills. We would highly value if you are:
• Able to cultivate new information from outside sources to generate creative story ideas and gather reliable information for news content
• Exceptional writer, producer, analytical and organizational skills
• Knowledgeable in navigating the Internet, Nexis and other research databases
• Able to make sound news decisions as they relate to news production under continual deadlines
• Able to excel and be productive within a fast-paced and multi-cultural news team environment
• Strong journalist skills
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site