New York, NY US
Editorial Producer (Guest Booking) - CNN Tonight
The Editorial Producer is responsible for booking guests, making pitches, and handling newsmaker requests for CNN Tonight.
• The ability to collaborate well with internal and external stakeholders is critical to this position.
• This individual is the show's booking representative and is responsible for constantly upgrading the quantity and quality of bookings for live daily interviews in addition to special projects.
• The editorial producer is also responsible for researching and pitching unique new guests and ideas on a daily basis.
• We are looking for someone who can help us differentiate our show from other programs on CNN in primetime.
• This person must also be able to react quickly in breaking news situations and line up officials, lawmakers, outside reporters and principals in a situation where the news happens while we are live as well as when news breaks during the day.
• The editorial producer should also have a strong grasp on using social media to find people involved in breaking news situations in remote areas.
• This person must also be able to develop and cultivate and maintain new guest relationships on behalf of the program and the network.
• The Editorial Producer conducts pre-interviews over the phone and sets up on-camera interviews and b-roll shoots, researches and pitches provocative stories, and works contacts for long term booking opportunities.
• They will perform other related duties as assigned.
• This position requires travel for breaking news bookings and being in the control room during the show from 10p-12a.
• A qualified candidate for this position must have 3+ years as a booking producer or equivalent production experience.
• Strong people skills are essential to be successful in this role.
• Research skills are essential to this position.
• Proven performance and an established rolodex in booking high profile news guests are necessary.
• This candidate must be able to multi-task, execute quickly, and be editorially strong.
• Knowledge of current events, key players and issues in global affairs a must.
• Organizational skills and writing skills are essential to this position.
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent relevant experience, required.
• Second language a plus.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site