Senior Producer, Race & Culture
New York, NY US
Are you a talented news producer who is also committed to telling stories of people that are often overlooked and underreported?
GOOD MORNING AMERICA is looking for senior level producing talent to drive and expand our storytelling to present audiences with deeper reporting at the intersection of race, politics and culture. Across the landscape of ABC News programming, the position will be a part of a network of Senior Producers that will help guide daily reporting and special coverage delivering breaking news, relevant interviews and incisive investigative reports.
The Senior Producer will report to the EXECUTIVE PRODUCER of GMA.
• Responsibilities include developing ideas for daily stories on race & culture, as well as general news content. Being able to manage the editorial process, line produce, and generate new ideas for future content are also key requirements.
• Candidates must be able to effectively manage story assignments and show production in addition to supervising junior staff. Candidates should have a minimum of ten years' experience in television journalism. Control room experience is preferred. The ideal candidate will offer creative and innovative ideas for better story-telling as well as have the ability to work under deadline. They will also collaborate with other network shows for joint projects or special features and brainstorm different story angles and ways to increase social media presence. Understanding of digital platforms and social media preferred.
Please apply if you have:
• 10 years of journalism experience;
• The energy to juggle both show production and staff management;
• Insatiable curiosity - you just have to dig deeper to find the truth;
• Experience running the control room and line producing;
• Strong editorial judgement;
• Tenacity to pitch the stories you believe in; and
• Experience performing well under pressure - - think breaking news-type situations.
It would also be nice if you are:
• Proficient in relevant languages, including Spanish
• A natural leader - you can inspire teams to bring their ''A'' game;
• A pro at social media and other digital tools; and
• Motivated: You're the person who can tackle any task – and wants to.
You have a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site