Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Pasadena, CA US
Industrial Toys is a AAA mobile developer founded by Halo veteran Alex Seropian. Our mission is to bring ''Mobile To The Core''. We are working to bring the experience of FPS gaming to your phone. If you're interested in working with veteran mobile and HD developers in creating new experiences to reach billions of mobile players around the world we would like to hear from you!
Our team culture is collaborative and high-functioning, and we expect everyone to think like game makers and approach development with a Player First perspective.
Role Overview: Senior QA Analyst
The Senior QA Analyst and team are accountable for delivering the QA project planning, requirements and deliverables. You will work with the QA Development Manager to meet schedules and ensure the creation of test coverage, making sure those tests are carried out, and reported on through project metrics.
A Senior QA Analyst will help implement essential knowledge transfer and communicate QA processes with all game teams. They will work embedded within the Development organization, promote continuous improvement of the QA practice across EA, have a focused Quality mindset from a consumer perspective, and be an advocate on game design and implementation decisions.
As a Senior QA Analyst, your time will be focused on ensuring that project deliverables are being completed on time through active participation in the test tasks and processes while maintaining EA's high standard of quality. Additionally, you will focus on improving the operational efficiency of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new QA strategies. You will work on department level projects and operational efficiency programs.
You will also spend time engaging in daily test routines and responsibilities. Monitoring performance and delivering measurable feedback as part of daily test routines. Establishing working relationships within the QA department, the QA project team, internal development and engineering teams and the outside partners are necessary to success in this role.
Reporting to the QA Development Manager we're looking for a passionate Senior QA Analyst to join our team to help coordinate and test an exciting new mobile title.
• Motivated with the ability to jump in and take charge where necessary
• Coordinate multiple work streams in task execution, and task management.
• Comfortable working with experts in diverse skill-sets on our teams
• Prioritize the end-user, ensuring that feedback is delivered with the community in mind while still accounting for development constraints such as timelines and budgets
• Create test scenarios and scripts supporting requirements for both manual and automation testing
• Build test cases, plans and suites, for defect tracking and regression
• Manage bug entry to minimize invalid and duplicate issues
• Participate in testing by creating test cases, and building on them, to acquire a level of game expertise
• Apply a range of testing techniques and methodologies to identify defects of a very high-quality level
• Skill and knowledge in mobile compliance requirements and hardware platform
• Consume data analytics to make informed decisions and assumptions and may propose solutions to resolve trends that have negative impacts on product quality
• Analyze and perform game design feedback, test case design modification and reviews at both a requirements level and product build level producing reports at a rhythm to necessary to support product quality decisions
• Identify and escalate risk that impacts project goals proposing potential solutions
• Allocates and executes tasks daily and reports on results to QA management
• Ultimate responsible for the quality of the work delivered on his assigned area of influence
• Think creatively, appraise, problem solve, and provide constructive feedback from testing phases
• Root cause analysis and defect analysis with the ability to validate assumptions and propose potential solutions to problems
• Work with our partners and groups whilst maintaining the quality benchmark and project goals
• Solutions oriented problem solver with an ability to implement solutions
• Mentor other and cultivate a QA perspective within their project team
• Monitor and guide product quality indicators throughout project duration to give a constant heartbeat on product quality
• Ensure testing processes are followed daily, while mentoring partners where needed to protect and uphold product quality
• Collaboration with all partners across a range of technology disciplines and geographic locations
• You will promote quality upstream, and advocate best what practices will achieve this
• Produce and present reports to partners using data that represent product quality measurements
Senior QA Analysts are expected to have at a minimum:
• 3 years of experience in a software development environment
• Risk management and solutions oriented problem solving techniques
• You are comfortable communicating across all disciplines, and can promote a quality perspective
• An appreciation or practical understanding analytics and measurements as a way of tracking product quality
• Test case test management software experience i.e. TestRail, TM4J
• Experience of shipping mobile titles built in Unreal Engine 4
• Bachelor's degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Game Development, or Business.
• Excellent knowledge of the production life cycle, processes and execution planning
• Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment
• Experience working in Jira