Montreal, QC CA
Mill Film is a world-class VFX studio built on the belief that inclusion and diversity are integral to delivering world-class visual effects. By bringing together talented people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, we have built an industry-leading team that broadens artistic horizons and explores creative approaches to deliver outstanding VFX for feature and episodic content. Built on the Academy Award winning legacy of the original Mill Film, co-founded by Ridley Scott and Tony Scott in 1997, and supported by Technicolor's technology and global infrastructure, Mill Film is re-born for the needs of today's filmmakers – proving that inclusion powers creativity.
Layout Artists produce pre-viz, post-viz, camera and character blocking to build editorially sound sequences which subsequent CG departments use as the foundation for shot construction.
If you have a passion for layout and have experience with Maya then we want to hear from you!
• Experience with Maya
• Experience with physical cameras, photography and image composition
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• A basic understanding of the entire VFX pipeline
• A basic understanding of Nuke and Gimp/Photoshop
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• A demonstrable interest in the more technical areas of CGI (Rigging, FX, etc.)
• A demonstrable interest in film direction and creation