QA Vendor Manager (Apex Legends)
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that was founded in 2010 and acquired by Electronic Arts in 2017. Respawn aspires to create innovative hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our shipped work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, and Titanfall 2. We are currently developing the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends. The opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry awaits our future team members.
We're looking for an experienced QA Vendor Manager who will embrace our philosophy and share his/her hard earned expertise to help us create an incredible experience for our players. We're picturing someone who can ease communication across the team, facilitate cross-location workflow-dependencies and risks, and help the team hit their goals. If this sounds like you, we're looking forward to seeing your resume!
What you'll do...
• Working with studios and external vendors to determine and agree on quality assurance standards procedures and specifications
• You will assess studio testing requirements and ensure proper communication and implementation with the vendor
• You will work with the studio and the vendor to collaborate on testing requirements and goals for each release
• Work on-site with QA testers and leads to establish processes, workflows, and systems
• Determine training and on boardingneeds for new testers at the vendor
• Build relationships between studio and vendor leadership to achieve good alignment
• You are able to directly influence change and improvements without always being directly onsite with the vendor group
• You are good at gauging and measuring performance of the vendor through KPIs and metric based analysis
• Partner with vendor management and leads to correct performance issues
• You are good at reporting needs and requirements from the vendor and able to help solve technical challenges
• You are okay with frequent travel to the vendor site
• You will be doing short and long term project capacity planning and can plan accordingly for spike periods
Ideally you will have...
• Experience as a vendor or outsourcing manager over-seeing a AAA game/s through the full development cycle, from concept to live service
• 3-5 years as a QA Manager at a games company
• Strong communications and collaboration skills both with onsite and offsite leadership
• Knowledge of game development, and a strong willingness to learn.
• Sense of urgency and a desire to get things done.
• Ability to self-motivate and help motivate others.
• High proficiency with bug reporting and related software.
• Strong people skills. Empathy for fixing the problems of others, respect for others' time.