Production Support Manager
Amsterdam, NH NL
The Media Operations Team at Disney Streaming Services (DSS) consists of an agile and responsive group of technicians that perform the daily processes and procedures for our live and on-demand streaming video products. The team is responsible for round-the-clock support for these products, ensuring proper functionality across all platforms.
As the Sr. Manager, Media Ops, you are a lead member of a daily operations team responsible for delivering high profile media products to market. By mastering in-depth workflow knowledge and operational experience, you will guide a team of Supervisors, Leads, and Operators in the day-to-day activities that enable surfacing and removing live and on-demand content from all streaming playback platforms.
Production Operations is responsible for live/VOD streaming media operations and fulfillment for various products within DSS. Oversight includes both Linear and Event based content. In addition, within the Production Operations organisations sits the Production Service Operations (PSO) team that oversees issue intake/routing, issue remediation, and performance/status monitoring.
In addition to these media operations, responsibilities will also include collection and organization of data that drive platforms during optimal and service-outage incidents, incident management, procedure documentation, and client and product support as needed, which may potentially include holidays, nights and weekends.
What you do:
As the Senior Manager, Media Ops you will:
• Influence internal and external business direction and make informed technology decisions utilizing detailed knowledge of key proprietary applications
• Be accountable for the performance and results of multiple related teams
• Make decisions and provide leadership in high pressure and time sensitive situations, guided by resource availability and functional objectives
• Serve as the primary axis point between Tech Ops/Program Operations/QoE regarding product related operations
• Exhibit expert knowledge to analyze the intricacies of complex technical issues; stay informed of industry innovations; provide new perspectives on existing solutions
• Execute defined processes to validate the quality and availability of live and VOD content Streams
• Record steps to troubleshoot workflows when issues arise
• Field workflow requirements from senior staff and gathers data in support of documentation of workflows
What we're looking for:
• Familiarity with live/on-demand streaming
• Passion for leadership and relationship building across cross-functional tech teams,
• Excellent communication and creativing writing skills with the ability to develop departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities
• Ability to make decisions about operational best practice and SOP
• Mastery of Incident Management process and capability to distribute that process to operations staff
• Ability to quickly grasp new and complex technical information and partner with software engineering teams
This position is with The Capitals B.V., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site