Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Netflix is the world's leading entertainment service with 183 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
As Netflix expands, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunity. Visit our culture and long-term view to learn more.
The main responsibility of the Workplace team is ensuring the smooth running of the daily operations in the workplace. The successful candidate will be proactive and creative and will be encouraged to express new ideas on improving the overall experience in the workplace, ensuring that we are using our resources to the optimum.
Netflix will move offices in Berlin this year so we are looking for a hands-on, versatile ''Swiss army knife'' to help keep pace with our growth; an ambitious person excited about joining the team shaping our office experience in Germany.
Reporting to the Workplace Manager, this position will support the daily operations and maintenance of the company's workplace.
Job responsibilities include:
• Responsible for the day to day running of the building and workplace services, including maintaining a high standard of workplace excellence throughout the day, and ensuring facilities matters are resolved in an efficient and timely manner
• Work collaboratively with vendors to ensure all necessary planned and preventative maintenance is undertaken, including HVAC, utilities, pest control, janitorial, furniture, and equipment set-ups, with the aim of minimising downtime within the workplace
• Liaison with building management for operations and maintenance
• Short-term management of the reception area, including but not limited to managing the flow of reception traffic, ensuring the reception area is presentable at all times and receiving all post and parcels.
• Establish strong relationships and communication within all levels of the organization to understand and meet business and operational needs
• Contribute to the improvement of existing processes, evaluating workflows to identify areas of improvement where possible
• Conception & assistance on projects involving floorplanning, planning and executing changes and moves; lead logistics for any office moves, coordinating and executing smooth transitions from start to finish
• Collaborate with Health & Safety and Corporate Security teams to ensure environmental health, safety and security compliance in the office, ensuring a safe and productive working environment
• Be a member of the emergency response team. Respond to emergencies as needed to minimise any disruptions within the workplace
• Assist with onboarding and welcoming new employees into their new workplace
• Assisting with the coordination and set up of special events within the office
• Some on call availability, flexible schedule for off hours/emergency support
• General labour including loading/unloading, moving materials
• Some ad hoc administrative and finance tasks as required
• Monitor and complete employee requests via helpdesk ticketing system
• Experience in a similar position for a minimum of 5 years is needed to be successful in this role
• An approachable team player, with ability to build and maintain successful relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
• Self motivated and proactive, hands-on, and not afraid to tackle any problem however big or small
• Demonstrable problem solving skills, with the ability to be reactive to the current needs of the workplace, often requiring on-the-spot decision making
• Strong attention to detail and excellent organisation skills
• Accustomed to multitasking in an agile creative environment, with the ability to anticipate team needs and respond accordingly
• Dynamic attitude and willingness to sometimes work outside of the usual office hours
• Knowledge and proficiency with Gmail, Google Docs, etc.
• Good verbal and written communication skills in German and English
• Attention to the little details that make an A+ environment
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of the Netflix Freedom & Responsibility culture