Studio Operations Technician
We are seeking a full-time Studio Technician! This is an entry level position for candidates interested in gaining experience in the broadcasting industry. This is your chance to be part of an amazing team and to support a Washington, D.C. based national newscast. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
• Running teleprompter/robotic cameras
• Floor directing
• Operate plaza cameras
• Learning how to be the audio operator in the studio during various newscasts
• Perform other tasks related to the position as assigned, which may include website contribution
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representive of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• A minimum of one (1) year experience working in a commercial news operation
• Working knowledge of production standards and equipment
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to learn to execute news strategies and goals
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
• Must be able to lift & position forty-pound lighting instruments
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site