Summer 2021 Intern - Magic Lab
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Mateo, CA
This internship is for Summer 2021.
Corporate Development Associate Intern
San Mateo, CA
About the Team:
SIE seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of Corporate Development Associate Intern. SIE's Corporate Development team works closely with SIE management and is responsible for navigating SIE toward long-term success.
The Corporate Development team resides in Corporate Strategy & Development and is tasked with identifying and executing M&A for transformative growth and innovation while also executing strategic M&A to fill business and technology capability gaps.
This is an exciting and challenging role with the opportunity to influence Sony and the global media and technology industries. The candidate is expected to bring research and analytics, strategic problem solving, and strong communication skills.
As part of the Corporate Development team, you will be finding new ways to help improve the core PlayStation business. Some tasks you will encounter are (and not limited to):
• Opportunity Analysis – support analysis of new opportunities in new / existing markets for SIE to meet its strategic goals
• Build and check financial and operating models related to investment and acquisition opportunities
• Provide executive level factual summaries and implications analysis for industry news and events
• Perform market analysis – Support ongoing analysis of market trends and developments in gaming and adjacent markets
• Support ongoing assessment of strategic options and potential business decisions, helping quantify and articulate financial and strategic impact
• Identify consumer and competitor insights, and support assessment of implications
• Pursuing an MBA or Master's Degree in Business, Corporate Strategy, Economics, Finance (or equivalent), and/or within 1 year of their post-graduation date
• Self-starter with strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Quantitatively focused mindset, with financial modeling training / experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication
• Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects at one time, and rapidly change priorities based on business needs
• Strong work ethic and ability to work under pressure to meet fixed deadlines
• Expert proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint
• Prior investment banking, private equity or corporate development experience required
• Experience performing research and data analysis to develop business strategy is a plus
• Prior working experience in video gaming, entertainment or tech industry (internship or FT) is a plus
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site