New York, NY
As a Supervising Producer at MSNBC Dayside , you will play a vital role in
our journalism by taking a management role in editorial, operational and innovation
of the portfolio of MSNBC Dayside Shows.
• Working side-by-side with the Executive Editor on daily production and editorial responsibilities, including story selection, breaking news and enterprise reporting.
• Filling in as senior show leader
on live programming, at varying levels, as needed.
• Managing the deployment of new processes, workflows and technologies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our journalist show producers.
• Coordinating the
on-boarding of new employees with HR and direct managers to ensure a smooth entry process
• Plan training for new and newly promoted employees to establish best practices and knowledge of NBC News & MSNBC protocols.
• I nterviewing potential job candidates and working closely with the HR group and show managers to achieve our corporate objectives of hiring the best people and improving our diverse and inclusive workforce.
• Identify and pipeli ne internal talent for future roles across NBCUniversal.
• I nvolvement in planning and development of MSNBC programming.
• Scheduling team coverage, managing vacation requests.
• Managing a team of swing producers at various levels.
• Act as liaison with other departments throughout news organization.
• Must have a bachelor's degree.
• Must have at least 7 years of experience in live television
(i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc.)
ideally as a senior or executive producer.
• Must have at least 3 years of control room experience.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under
tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Previous management experience.
• Strong time management skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site