News Anchor / Reporter
Las Vegas, NV
• Perform on-air anchor responsibilities for designated Telemundo Las Vegas - KBLR newscasts or program across KBLR's multiple platforms
• Contribute story ideas for key series pieces for daily news program
• Prepare and/or assemble, and present story content in a fair, accurate and unbiased manner
• Collaborate with news producers and managers to conceptualize, produce and present Telemundo Las Vegas KBLR news specials and packages based on either breaking or pre-planned stories
• Generate story ideas, research and set up the content and interviews
• Develop and maintain a network of news sources providing access to exclusive local stories
• Leverage relationships within the community for the purpose of developing connections to story leads and bridge relevant activities through community relations department
• Participate in station-sponsored and tentpole events
• Perform field reporting, fill-in for other shows, and other temporary assignments, as needed
• Participate in editorial meetings, proofread scripts and work hand in hand with newscast producers, executive producers
• BA or BS in Journalism / Communications.
• Must possess a minimum of 5 years television anchor/reporter experience.
• Candidate must have excellent Spanish & English writing skills as well as very strong verbal skills.
• Ability to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations.
• Strong live reporting skills are necessary.
• Ability to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines.
• The ideal candidate must be able to work effectively with others in a team environment.
• Ability to participate in community, public events and/or Master of Ceremonies as requested by the station.
• Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Must be willing to work extended hours, weekends and holidays with short notice.
• Must be willing to work at the KBLR TV Station in Las Vegas Nevada.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
Desired Characteristics :
• BA or BS in Journalism, Communications or Political Science preferred.
• General Assignment reporting skills preferred.
• Possess the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to present scripts with clarity and energy.
• Proven record of meeting deadlines and developing contacts.
• Proven record of contributing story ideas.
• A history of newsroom leadership.
• A history of working well with news staff.