Sales Planner, Ad Solutions
New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities
Reporting to the VP of Ad Sales Research & Insights, the Director will be a creative and strategic problem solver. They will be responsible for supporting the research needs of Viacom's adult brands for our sales and marketing teams and leading major key projects and initiatives.
• Utilize cross-platform viewership data (linear, digital, and social) to create thoughtful and innovative audience analyses in order to best position and distinguish our networks in the marketplace
• Lead innovative thought leadership pieces that advance the business and establish expertise on key product categories based on the brand needs
• Conduct advertiser effectiveness studies on behalf of Integrated Marketing and ViacomCBS Vantage partnerships handling various third-party research vendors
• Compellingly present consumer-focused research to internal and external clients
• Work with Pricing and Inventory team to guide the creation of thoughtful selling estimates; lead the prediction process with accurate and current tools
• Help junior staff members to grow skills and provide guidance in generating strategic, thoughtful, and effective research
• 8+ years' experience in media or consumer research.
• Ability to tackle problems strategically, think creatively, and be an assertive leader
• Knowledge of linear measurement systems (Nielsen National TV Toolbox, Star Media, Lake 5, etc.), digital measurement systems (comScore, etc.), social measurement tools (Nielsen Social, Canvs, etc.) preferred
• Preferred experience generating selling estimates
• Knowledge of syndicated data tools (MRI, YouGov, Kantar)
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Highly organized, strong attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and multitask
• Related college degree
ViacomCBS is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site