Editorial Assistant, Aladdin Books
Simon & Schuster
New York, NY
The assistant supports the VP of Design and Digital Content Development and the Design, Desktop (Composition), and Ebook teams in the day-to-day operations of designing print books and creating ebooks. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about book production in general and ebook development in particular. You will work with a group of people who are passionate about creating books that are a delight to read.
• Producing egalleys
• Producing ebooks
• Updating existing ebooks with text changes, marketing material, and technical and design updates
• Researching and purchasing fonts
• Ordering supplies (rare of late)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive and thorough communicator
• Detail-oriented, organized, and able to prioritize a variety of tasks
• Familiarity with HTML/CSS and epub strongly preferred
• Familiarity with InDesign and Photoshop a plus
Simon & Schuster, a division of ViacomCBS, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats.