Sports Digital Senior Editor - Soccer
New York, NY
The SNY Website Manager will play a major role regarding coordination between the groups that make up SNY's Digital department (Editorial, Video, & Social), keeping a close eye on the website, video content, and social platforms. The ideal candidate is extremely detail oriented, has some experience in back-end development settings, and can showcase a proven track record of cross-team collaboration and execution in Digital news environments.
• Homepage and Top Navigation curation, balancing real-time insights and content frequency refresh with content/linear promotion/sponsors/IM/etc.
• Build and maintain Homepage and Top Navigation higher level functionality (skins, ticker, modules, promotional positions, etc.)
• Build and maintain higher level page functionalities (special events/livestreams, HTML embeds, athletes' pages, new tag creation, etc.)
• Assist with linear TV show content regarding daily clips, exclusives, teases, galleries, etc.
• Create and update event pages (Play Ball, Connecticut Ice, etc.) with posting guidelines for writers for traffic/SEO/website, maintenance of show page to linear objectives and promotion
• QA new products for launch, provide Analytics, and manage photo research for Digital team
• Double-check all content for correct tagging, URL structure, rubrics etc. for best UX across the site
• Create daily web/social/video rollout plans for programming initiatives, full episodes, and web content posting guidelines for SEO/UX/Analytics/CMS best practices
• Assist publication of video content, aggregation of newswire content, and eventual creation of polls, games, quizzes, and galleries as needed
• Newsletter line editing + backup
• Creation of curation of longer-term editorial/content projects
• Pen blurbs associated with SNY video to maximize SEO/UX
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• BA/BS in Communications, Journalism or a related field
• Minimum of 2 years working in a digital content space; Journalism and/or website infrastructure experience preferred
• Proven writing and editing skills, with a strong knowledge of AP style
• Great understanding of user experience and site design principles
• Demonstrated mastery of content management systems
• Strong knowledge of New York teams and general sports, in addition to SNY's competitive landscape is required
• Knowledge of HTML is required
• Experience with Adobe Analytics, comScore and other analytic tools used to evaluate digital content strongly preferred
(note job #: )
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be willing and able to travel, work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
• Available to work flexible, non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site