Director Of Financial Reporting
Irvine, CA US
Amazon seeks a highly effective Senior Finance Manager to be a key partner with the Amazon Game Studio teams. This is a very exciting time as we redefine the game space. This position will play a key role in working with senior business leaders in managing and defining the long term direction of this business as we innovate in the gaming space. The primary emphasis of the role will be to partner with our Head of Game Studios driving first-party game development as well as studio operations. The person will help define, articulate, and execute our long-term gaming content strategy with senior leadership.
This role will be part of broader Digital/AWS Finance team in which you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven. To support this quickly growing business, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, setting high standards, and razor-sharp accuracy. You must have the ability to structure problems, perform analysis, and present to senior executives. Supporting business partners at Amazon requires the ability to dissent, while building trust with your business partners.
• Serve as the key finance partner working directly with the Head of Game Studios and leadership team
• Partner to evaluate and provide recommendations for studio growth opportunities
• Use highly developed business acumen to evaluate the first party game development strategy
• Influence business decisions by effective verbal and written communication, data driven analysis and modeling, and presentation of options and alternatives
• Conduct ad-hoc (e.g. life-time-value, valuation) analysis to support business development activities and new products planning
• Manage the financial planning and analysis effort and forecast various metrics for financial risks and opportunities
• Partner with Legal to evaluate deal terms for pending and future agreements
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 10 years of finance experience, OR master's degree and 8 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.combination of education and experience.
• At least 1 year or finance experience in the Game Industry (with an emphasis in game development) is a must
• MBA or advanced degree
• Long-term strategic planning experience
• People and/or Project management experience
• Contract review/evaluation
• Advanced modeling skills including advanced Excel skills
• Understanding of SQL reporting and queries
• Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Ability to work with senior business partners in a fast moving business
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with a customer focused, professional demeanor
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.