Sr. Manager, HR Business Partner
Walt Disney Company Media Networks
At Walt Disney Television, you'll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and provide new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills.
We are looking for the next Manager, HR Business Partner to support select shared services teams within Walt Disney Television. In this role, you will partner with key leaders and management to create organization and talent strategies that align with the business goals and further strengthen the culture. You will also partner with the business and broader HR team in identifying opportunities to enhance overall employee experience and engagement.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of strong business acumen, Human Resources and Organization Development skills, along with exceptional consulting and partnership skills.
• Develop an in-depth understanding of the client organization, key business strategies and team.
• Build effective and productive partnerships with the leadership, key stakeholders and employees at all levels of the organization. Be a trusted resource as a coach and advisor.
• Develop business leader capability by providing ongoing coaching on organizational and management opportunities. Help design and implement new structures, roles and/or processes that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands.
• Support business leaders on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning and development, and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
• Partner with all Centers of Excellence (COE) to leverage functional expertise in assessing client needs and driving strategic solutions (Learning & Development, Employee Relations, and Talent Acquisition).
• Collaborate with HR Director and key stakeholders to manage various organizational and talent projects from inception to completion along with comprehensive change management and communication plans.
• Leverage existing data, metrics and insights to support recommendations to help leaders make informed talent and organization decisions.
• Help develop thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention; help operationalize diversity and inclusion strategies to build cultural competence and business success.
• 7+ years of progressively responsible experience as an HR Business Partner in a dynamic environment, with experience in strategy development, organizational design and talent management.
• Strong consultative skills and experience working with leaders in an ''influence-without-authority'' role.
• Demonstrated experience and ability to balance business partnering skills with employee advocacy.
• Demonstrated ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place.
• Ability to position self as a credible, proactive, and trusted thought partner by building relationships and delivering results.
• Ability to think critically to evaluate issues, incorporate business context, and identify solutions.
• Knowledge and experience leveraging and integrating the work of HR functional experts such as Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, Employee Relations, Organizational Development, Change Management, and Diversity & Inclusion to provide comprehensive HR solutions.
• Demonstrated curiosity, business acumen and understanding of the 'big picture'.
• Relevant industry experience in the media space and/or a strong understanding of the entertainment industry.
• BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business or equivalent experience.
• Master's Degree in a related field or MBA.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.