Los Angeles, CA
Respawn Entertainment is hiring! Learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio .
We're looking for a Senior Game Designer who will lead the design vision for one of our unannounced mobile games. Reporting to the Head of Product Management, you will manage game features, shooting systems and social systems.
What you will do...
• Design and own features from concept to completion.
• Contribute to the overarching meta and elder game direction.
• Breakdown trending mobile games with the ability to identify key drivers, articulate your point of view and iterate on those features to drive our product forward.
• Conceptualize and communicate new and engaging gameplay experiences and use your technical ability to bring your vision to life.
• Establish player experience goals for designs, implement and tune features to meet those goals.
• Provide feedback to other designers.
• Improve designs based on play test feedback, game metrics, team input and community feedback.
• Think creatively using the tools and time available to build unique and fun experiences for players.
• Adopt and become proficient in new or proprietary development tools to implement and debug your work.
• Think about the future when implementing content, resulting in smartly scripted scalable systems and good design patterns and practices.
• Collaborate with all team disciplines, including artists, animators, modelers, engineers, quality assurance, and producers to get support from the team and guide a project from initial design to final production.
• Advocate for the design vision and get the team excited to work on it.
• Balance your design vision with input from your peers to find practical solutions that achieve the intended player experience.
• Become an expert on the game and our community, drawing from our large, varied player base and our past games to make and defend intelligent design choices going forward.
• Help establish best practices for the team and improve process and efficiency.
Ideally, you will have...
• 5+ years of game design experience on a mobile game development team.
• Experience with 1st and 3rd person shooters, BR games and free-to-play games
• Experience working with 3rd party developers.
• Excellent creative skills with experience creating detailed design documentation and maintaining it throughout a project life cycle.
• Design and implementation experience with game features that focus on open-ended player creativity.
• Effective at working both autonomously and in groups of different profiles.
• Knowledge of and enthusiasm for gaming: playing, deconstructing and creating.
• Experience with shooter/battle royal mobile games
Good to have...
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
• Comfortable with Visio, JIRA, online collaboration suites such as Confluence
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you soon! Specific work examples are appreciated.
Working at Respawn is a unique opportunity to create impact and achieve tremendous professional growth! In addition, we have many perks and benefits: learn more at respawn.com/perks.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site