Sony Pictures Imageworks
Compositor (speculative application)
As Compositor at Method Studios, you'll be a champion at combining live action and computer generated elements to create final images that meet the creative direction of the client, VFX Supervisor and Compositing Supervisor. You'll composite foreground, midground and background elements to create or extend sets and environments and incorporate characters or objects into computer generated and live action scenes.
Your compositing tasks will include blue/green screen pulls, 3D environment projection in Nuke, balancing and sometimes creating 2D and 3D elements, deep compositing, color correction, wire & rig removal, roto, image cleanup, morphs, transitions, background replacement, day-for-night, dry-for-wet and other 2D challenges.
In this role, you will:
• Establish looks and/or follow set style direction;
• Collaborate with supervisors and other team members to ensure shots are delivered to the highest of standards and on schedule;
• Review and implement feedback quickly and effectively;
• Maintain the overall look, colour balance and quality of assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity of all finished work.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
• Minimum three years' experience in a similar role;
• Strong artistic skills, including sense of colour, lighting and composition;
• Excellent attention to detail;
• Good problem solving skills;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, great team player;
• Professional level English language skills, written and verbal
• Professional working knowledge of Nuke;
• Good working knowledge of Linux;
• General understanding of a feature film visual effects pipeline.
It would also be helpful if you had:
• Experience with ShotGun;
• Fine arts foundation skills such as painting, drawing and/or photography.
Deluxe is the world’s leading video creation to distribution company offering global, end-to-end services and technology. Through unmatched scale, technology and capabilities, Deluxe enables the worldwide market for professionally created video. The world’s leading content creators, broadcasters, OTTs and distributors rely on Deluxe’s experience and expertise. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York and operations in 38 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of more than 7,500 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, engineers and innovators.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site