Senior Software Engineer, Tools and Automation - Video Platform
New York, NY US
Department: Global Technology
Title: Database Engineer
Why this could be your next big break:
Work with architects, software/application/data engineers and analysts to identify, engage, and integrate data sources/signals for discovery and profiling and, where necessary, define data services that empower business processes
Here you'll get to:
• Build and scale data pipelines across a variety of source systems and streams (internal, third-party, as well as cloud-based), distributed/elastic environments, and downstream applications and/or self-service solutions
• Develop solutions combining data blending, profiling, mining, statistical analysis, and machine learning, to better define and curate models, test hypothesis, and deliver key insights
• Participate in development sprints, demos, and retrospectives, as well as release and deployment
• Collaborate in establishing and evolving database development, testing, and documentation standards, as well as related code reviews
• Partner with business analysts, application engineers, data scientists, etc., leveraging the appropriate tools, solutions, and/or processes as part of their data mining, profiling, blending, and analytical activities
• Collaborate across WMG's technology domains to lead and ensure development and delivery of analytics solutions
• Ensure policies and standards are followed across the organization
• Deliver services that meet internal KPIs and customer SLAs
• Identify and execute on opportunities for operational excellence in the areas of data pipeline resiliency and accuracy.
Rockstar candidates will have:
• Minimum three (3) years of progressively more advanced database development experience, working in large scale/distributed environments modeling and implementing ETL/ELT on Snowflake and/or Redshift.
• Minimum one (1) year experience in working with data using Python.
• Experience using traditional ETL tools – Pentaho preferred.
• Experience implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems using cloud technologies, such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and/or Google Cloud.
• Experience in migrating from row-based database products (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres) to columnar database products (Snowflake, Redshift).
• Experience in full SDLC, including ongoing maintenance and support after deployment.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
• Hands-on experience with server-side technologies, SQL, and database concepts for RDBMS' such as SQLServer as well as NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
• Knowledge of source control and code review systems
• Ability to quickly understand how data is used by business processes and what the data means in the context of these specific processes
• Ability to work effectively within cross-functional business and technical teams, as well as proficiencies with Agile methodologies – both Scrum and Kanban
• Working knowledge of media and/or research operations; recorded music and publishing preferred
• Experience working with syndicated data sources and other industry research sources a plus
• Customer-focused, action-oriented and driven to achieve results in a positive manner, displaying ethical behavior, integrity, and building trust at all times
• Strong teamwork, organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade peers and thrive in a cross-functional matrix environment
• Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Able to work independently, plan workloads, and deliver on commitments
• Able to quickly learn new technologies as they become prevalent and widely implemented, and develop oneself
• Driven to utilize both proven and unique solutions to address business problems until issue is resolved