Senior Programming Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA
Social Publishing Coordinator (project-based)
BuzzFeed is looking for someone with an understanding and love of web culture, digital media, and online video to help take our social publishing game to the next level.
Reporting to our Lead Social Media Strategist and working on our Hollywood campus, you will assist our social publishing team with optimizing our video content and audience engagement for all of BuzzFeed's YouTube channels. You have a background in digital media and/or social media, be excited by analytics, have a deep understanding of YouTube, and have an accessible and responsive working style.
You have a passion for social media content and digital publishing and can understand and summarize how and why certain pieces of content blow up - where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
This is a freelance, short-term contract that includes a 40 hour/week, running ASAP-January.
• Create clickable and eye-catching titles and thumbnails for videos
• Optimize video metadata for YouTube and SEO best practices
• Monitor discussions, posts, and comments across multiple YouTube channels and assist with comment moderation
• Experiment with how our content is presented on platform, analyze results, and give actionable feedback
• Collaborate with the social team to help with day-to-day tasks on YouTube
• Extremely strong Photoshop knowledge and experience
• Deep understanding of how titling and thumbnails can affect performance
• Experience in digital media and/or marketing
• Understanding and love of the digital landscape
• Knowledge of the YouTube platform ecosystems and best practices
• Native Tumblr, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Reddit user
• Exceptionally strong organizational and communication skills
• Excellent writing skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities
• Please submit 3-5 samples of social media thumbnails you've created.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site