Helicopter Reporter / Photographer
CBS Television Stations
Studio City, CA
KCBS2/KCAL9 TV, the CBS Owned & Operated Duopoly in Los Angeles, is looking for a Director News Operations. This is a techie's dream job. This person will be in charge of all technical operations for the news department. He or she will oversee ENG and Satellite newsgathering operations and will be charged with leading the photography and editing staff. Knowledge of the latest mobile broadband technology and all other emerging news technology is also necessary. This person will oversee implementation of any new technology in the newsroom. This job will require strong people skills needed to manage a diverse group in the newsroom; and interact seamlessly with other departments within the station.
Candidates must demonstrate the ability of:
• Prior management experience
• Experience in electronic newsgathering, preferably in a top 20 market
• Strong people skills
Candidates must have:
• Five years minimum experience in electronic news gathering operations (microwave, satellite, mobile broadband) which includes having had a supervisory role.
• OTT (streaming) and ELC (Enhanced Live Production control system) knowledge needed.
• Experience with Grass Valley Group servers and editing systems, Sony XDCam,
• Experience with Union Contract Negotiations
• Avid editing systems and Avid I-News newsroom computer systems a big plus.
• Maintain a steadfast commitment to accuracy and fairness
• Collaborate effectively with a wide range of personnel to create compelling content.
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education Level:
College degree or equivalent experience
Additional Candidate Instructions:
All qualified candidates MUST apply to the CBS Television Stations online Applicant Tracking System - www.cbsandyou.com(internal applicants) and www.cbscorporation.com(external applicants).
This is the ONLY method by which applications will be accepted for open positions.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE. Only qualified candidates considered for this position will be contacted for an interview. We regret that we cannot accept phone calls or respond to individual inquiries.
CBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the continuing policy of CBS to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or physical or mental disability, veteran's status, marital status, height or weight and to conform to applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site