Sinclair Broadcast Group
We are looking for a dynamic Investigative Producer to join the team of Full Measure with Sharyl Attkisson.
Full Measure is a weekly Sunday news program focusing on investigative, original and accountability reporting. The host is Sharyl Attkisson, five-time Emmy Award winner and recipient of the Edward R. Murrow award for investigative reporting. She is backed by a team of award winning journalists.
• Produce primary investigative and long form pieces for weekly broadcast.
• Contribute story ideas and help shape editorial direction and consistency of program.
• Demonstrate leadership and experience for other staff members.
• Work with anchor and executive producer for long term editorial planning
• Conduct research and produce content for weekly political and government accountability program
• Write copy for weekly program and for digital platforms
• Knowledge and skills for integrating content with accompanying digital and social platforms
• Field produce with photographers to gather content for show
• Book guests for weekly show
• Thorough knowledge of both information and tape research
• Knowledge and interest in politics
• Other duties as assigned
• 10+ years' experience in television news, with proven record in investigative and/or long form content.
• Network or national cable experience is preferred
• Able to travel and manage field logistics and production
• Prefer person with strong contact and resource list
• Exceptional writing and content analysis skills
• Must have an excellent understanding of politics and the media's role in a healthy society
• Passion for exceptional storytelling
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About Full Measure:
Each week, we have a cover story that explores untouchable topics in a fearless way including: immigration, terrorism, government waste, national security and whistleblower reports on government and corporate abuse and misdeeds.
Full Measure is broadcast to 43 million households in 79 markets on 162 Sinclair Broadcast Group stations, including ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW, MyTV, Univision and Telemundo affiliates. It also streams live Sunday mornings at 9:30 a.m. ET.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site