Full Time Job
Analyst, Media Distribution - Technology
- Full Time
We believe in the future of entertainment – across all platforms and for all audiences.
FOX has always given unfettered access to the moments that have collectively captivated us. The breaking story. The unmissable final. The outrageous touchdown. The shocking cliffhanger. We changed the game on sports and news production. Now we're looking to change the game again. We are pioneering the future of news, sports and entertainment in the digital realm.
It's an audacious mission. We're challenging ourselves to be the first to do it - to disrupt the digital entertainment category and redefine the live experience for the next generation.
And we're doing it by starting from scratch. Think of FOX as a start up with the backing of a fortune 500 corporation. You will be part of a new team with full permission to reinvent, disrupt, and build in a highly collaborative and transparent environment.
FOX has always been an advocate for the disruptive spirit. And now we're looking for like-minded people to push the boundaries on what entertainment can mean. Join us to help make the best of sports, news, and entertainment more personal, more immersive, and more interactive than ever before.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As our Analyst of Media Distribution, you will lead the team in supporting the day-to-day operations for media playout including Master Control and Video on Demand (VOD) Operations. You will interact with the Fox Sports, Entertainment, and News teams to test new distribution ideas, processes and technologies.
You will be apart of the Media Operations team, which is responsible for delivering a high-quality viewer experience to millions of viewers across FOX networks, digital platforms, mobile applications, websites, and licensing partnerships. In short, we bring great FOX content to YOU!
• You care about your team and are invested in their success
• You are confident to share audacious game-changing perspectives
• You are excited by new technology and its potential to change how things are done
• You enjoy being part of an all-star team and working in a start-up environment
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
Media Assembly & Distribution
• Provides support for live streaming and linear assembly/distribution of Sports and Entertainment content.
• Communicates procedures and technical workflows to support distribution across linear and Over the Top (OTT) delivery
• Documents procedures and runbooks
• Participates in testing new media transcoding and distribution solutions
Collaboration & Partnerships
• Supports Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery teams
• Participates in testing new technology solutions together with the engineering team
• Supports Operations and Engineering teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues
• Works closely with all business units and provides world class customer service support
• Gathers and standardizes data used to make business decisions
• Creates operations dashboards and analyses data to suggest ways to make things work better, faster, and smoother
• Develops Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to motivate the team
Training and Career Development
• Jumps on opportunities to learn new skills, especially in emerging technologies
• Utilizes existing career development programs to advance career
• Builds and motivates high performing teams to deliver high quality products
• Partners with management to develop all-star teams
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Understands broadcast and distribution workflow
• Familiarity with media supply chain, master control playout and over the top (OTT) systems
• Ability to manage in a fast-paced environment and make quick decisions
• Ability to translate and communicate business requirements into operational and technical requirements
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• A Bachelor's Degree is awesome, but not required
• Knowledge of emerging technologies such as 4K High Dynamic Range, and HDR10+ is a plus
• Knowledge of industry standards such as Advanced Media Workflow Association (AMWA) and Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE)
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world's leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.