Fox TV Stations
NBC 5 Chicago, WMAQ-TV and Telemundo Chicago, WSNS-TV is looking for an experienced content production expert to work alongside News and Operations management to maximize our output and overall quality of local content. Working with Producers, Directors and Media Managers you will manage the day-to-day details of all elements needed for the production of daily newscasts, investigative and consumer stories, specials and major events coverage. You will also work closely with our Digital and Creative team to create a workflow that feeds all of our channels on TV and other Digital platforms.
• Supervise and conceptualize the production elements of the digital materials that are needed for shows and coordinate with Creative Services and Arthouse to ensure needed elements are created to station standards.
• Organize and oversee production crews for live newscasts and fast-turnaround breaking news coverage.
• Problem-solve show issues with producers, News and Broadcast Operations management.
• Manage and schedule DGA, NABET and IATSE staff to achieve effective, efficient and consistent news coverage and content creation every day.
• Work with News management to standardize all show rundowns and patterns to ensure consistency.
• Coordinate Content Producer schedules and implement training on newsroom and editing systems and other equipment or processes as needed.
• Work with Producers, Editors, Directors and Technical Directors to adhere to quality and format standards.
• Attend news shoots and remote productions as needed and work with News and Operations teams on planning all special programming and special events coverage.
• Work with outside vendors and venues for planning and budgeting station specials and event coverage.
• Facilitate necessary approvals, materials, and information across various departments.
• Manage and communicate the flow of information, materials, dates, schedules etc. to News and Broadcast Operations management and teams.
• Assist with enforcing the station's Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) program in all productions.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in newsgathering news production and content creation in a fast-paced environment
• Minimum 5 years management and leadership experience of content production teams and personnel supervision
• Bachelor's Degree in journalism, production or related field
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Able to work longer weekly hours as well as weekends when necessary with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
for this position
• Strong leadership and managing skills
• Exceptional communication skills that encourage, mentor and influence employees (oral and written)
• Ability to effectively motivate and coach team members
• Ability to recognize and meet the varying demands and requirements of every production
• Expert in new and creative ways of content production and experience as an innovative thinker
• Knowledge of the Chicago market and importance of local content to connect to viewers with emotional storytelling
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, quickly shifting priorities among multiple projects as needed to execute production demands efficiently
• Working experience in a television newsroom and/or high volume production unit within a large media company
• Excellent computer and presentation skills
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site