National Politics Reporter
New York, NY
NBC News & MSNBC seek a Manager on their Standards & Practices team. The Manager will provide support and guidance to all platforms of NBC News & MSNBC with a particular focus on emerging digital platforms.
• Maintain the reputation, journalistic integrity and editorial independence of the news organization.
• Work with the senior level editorial team on reviewing reports for accuracy, fairness and adequate sourcing.
• Primary relationships will include digital and OTT channels.
• Help establish overall news division wide standards policies and guidelines.
• Provide advice to NBC News and MSNBC journalists (both on air and off) on news standards.
• Ensure that new and current employees are continually educated on NBC News & MSNBC's Standards & Practices policies – across all platforms.
• Must have a Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, English, History or a related field of study.
• 6+ years working experience within the news industry.
• Prior experience in long-form TV journalism, day of air news, information cable production, and/or emerging digital platforms.
• Must have ability to communicate and collaborate well with colleagues.
• Familiarity with (or knowledge of) digital journalism and social media standards and practices.
• Ability to communicate effectively and successfully with all levels of talent and management.
• Ability to handle confidential material with utmost discretion.
• Should be open and able to adapt to new approaches to content and storytelling.
• Must have solid news and editorial judgment.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, N.Y.
• Must be able to work weekends and evenings.
• Must be an excellent team player.
• Must have the ability to organize and schedule work
effectively while meeting deadlines.
• Proven ability to remain calm in high pressure
• Must have ability to multi-task.
• Prior experience in network television management.
• Self-starter; able to work independently and proactively.
• Strong writing and editorial skills
• Must be open to learning and using new technology.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site